Re: Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?

От Zdeněk Bělehrádek
Тема Re: Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Is it possible to install and then subsequently run the postgres engine on
> Linux without creating the postgres user and group?  We have some folks
> implementing LDAP that are resistant to creating a postgres account and
> group and would rather create machine specific accounts (like one does for
> Windows with SQL Server).
>
> I always thought that if the postgres user and group were not there upon
> install (which is done as root), that the installation process would create
> them for you, am I missing something?
>
> Thanks for any input that will provide me with ample ammunition to thwart
> this silly idea.
>
> Joe Plugge

Is there any problem with configuring postgres user and group in /etc/passwd
and /etc/group respectively? You can configure PAM to accept user
authentication from multiple sources. See e. g. http://ldots.org/ldap/

-- Zdeněk Bělehrádek

Сообщение: Re: vacuum / analyze parent tables on partitioned tables.
Сообщение: Re: vacuum / analyze parent tables on partitioned tables.