Re: Postgres 10 disk space requirement compared to postgres 9.5.4

От Debraj Manna
Тема Re: Postgres 10 disk space requirement compared to postgres 9.5.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Mark, that is what I was asking.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
I think people have been answering a question that is different from what you are asking.

It looks to me like you are asking something to the effect: *After* upgrading to Postgres 10 - will I use more disk space than 9.5?

I don't believe that there have been significant changes in storage space allocation between 9.5 and 10, so your tables should be the same size. e.g I frequently create a database using pgbench scale 100. it has used 1.5 GB of disk for all the version of Postgres that I have used (and that is quite a few)!

Cheers

Mark