Re: Postgres 10 disk space requirement compared to postgres 9.5.4

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Postgres 10 disk space requirement compared to postgres 9.5.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think people have been answering a question that is different from
what you are asking.

It looks to me like you are asking something to the effect: *After*
upgrading to Postgres 10 - will I use more disk space than 9.5?

I don't believe that there have been significant changes in storage
space allocation between 9.5 and 10, so your tables should be the same
size. e.g I frequently create a database using pgbench scale 100. it has
used 1.5 GB of disk for all the version of Postgres that I have used
(and that is quite a few)!

Cheers

Mark

On 03/08/18 15:57, Debraj Manna wrote:
> Anyone any thoughts on this?
>
> On Thu 2 Aug, 2018, 7:57 PM Debraj Manna, <subharaj.manna@gmail.com
> <mailto:subharaj.manna@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     On moving from postgres 9.5.4 to postgres 10.x we have to do data
>     migration.
>
>     Can some one let me know will the disk space requirement remain
>     same for same set of tables with same number of rows in postgres
>     10.x and postgres 9.5.4 ?
>
>     Thanks,

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 10 disk space requirement compared to postgres 9.5.4
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 10 disk space requirement compared to postgres 9.5.4