Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine

От Jonathan Nalley
Тема Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
Дата
Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine  (Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 9.1 running on 5432, and 9.2 running on 5433. The 9.1 database size
> is 153g. 9.1 is actively used by systems, 9.2 is just sitting there empty.
>
> I'd like to move the 9.1 database to 9.2 without any down time, and ensuring
> that no data is lost.
>
> My original idea was to make 9.2 a slave of 9.1, then switch it over.
>
> Is there a better idea? Thanks for any tips.

have you looked at simply using pg_upgrade ?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/pgupgrade.html

От: Wells Oliver
Сообщение: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine