Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 02:08:04PM -0400, Jonathan Nalley wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have 9.1 running on 5432, and 9.2 running on 5433. The 9.1 database size
> > is 153g. 9.1 is actively used by systems, 9.2 is just sitting there empty.
> >
> > I'd like to move the 9.1 database to 9.2 without any down time, and ensuring
> > that no data is lost.
> >
> > My original idea was to make 9.2 a slave of 9.1, then switch it over.
> >
> > Is there a better idea? Thanks for any tips.
>
> have you looked at simply using pg_upgrade ?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/pgupgrade.html

Hi Wells,

I would definitely consider pgupgrade. You could test it first to get
some timings. I would make a 9.1 slave on the same box and run pg_upgrade
against it. Then if you have a problem you can restart using the original.
You can also use something like slony or bucardo to replicate from 9.1 to
9.2 and then failover to it that way.

Regards,
Ken

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine