Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine

От Wells Oliver
Тема Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
Дата
Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine  (Chris Ernst <cernst@zvelo.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
I have 9.1 running on 5432, and 9.2 running on 5433. The 9.1 database size is 153g. 9.1 is actively used by systems, 9.2 is just sitting there empty.

I'd like to move the 9.1 database to 9.2 without any down time, and ensuring that no data is lost.

My original idea was to make 9.2 a slave of 9.1, then switch it over.

Is there a better idea? Thanks for any tips.

--
Wells Oliver
wellsoliver@gmail.com