Re: Query regarding Bind data type, precision, scale while using psqlodbc

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Query regarding Bind data type, precision, scale while using psqlodbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

On Thu, 11 Jul 2024 at 01:19, Abhishek Kumar <abhishek.aak0@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use psqlodbc native driver with my ODBC application. While using this, SQLColumns API returns me the following information for the below Data types :

1. Decimal : datatype = 2, precision = 28, scale = 6
2. Numeric : datatype = 2, precision = 28, scale = 6
3. Money :    datatype = 6, precision = 10, scale = 0

based on PostgreSQL: Documentation: 16: 8.1. Numeric Types  it would appear the precision and scale for Decimal and Numeric are incorrect.

As for Money. Just don't use it.

As for official documentation, there does not appear to be any.

Dave