Обсуждение: Query regarding Bind data type, precision, scale while using psqlodbc

Query regarding Bind data type, precision, scale while using psqlodbc

От
Abhishek Kumar
Дата:
Hi,

I am trying to use psqlodbc native driver with my ODBC application. While using this, SQLColumns API returns me the following information for the below Data types :

1. Decimal : datatype = 2, precision = 28, scale = 6
2. Numeric : datatype = 2, precision = 28, scale = 6
3. Money :    datatype = 6, precision = 10, scale = 0

Please help me with the following questions on the above
1. Are there any known issues or limitations with the above data types ?
2. Can you please point me to some official documentation or user reference which could clearly state the bind type, c data type, precision, scale for each of the data type psqlodbc supports, such that it can be used correctly in SQLBindParam?

Regards,
Abhishek Kumar

Re: Query regarding Bind data type, precision, scale while using psqlodbc

От
Dave Cramer

I am trying to use psqlodbc native driver with my ODBC application. While using this, SQLColumns API returns me the following information for the below Data types :

1. Decimal : datatype = 2, precision = 28, scale = 6
2. Numeric : datatype = 2, precision = 28, scale = 6
3. Money :    datatype = 6, precision = 10, scale = 0

based on PostgreSQL: Documentation: 16: 8.1. Numeric Types  it would appear the precision and scale for Decimal and Numeric are incorrect.

As for Money. Just don't use it.

As for official documentation, there does not appear to be any.

Dave