Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 at 17:48, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> This is a simple fix why push back ?

What was being pushed back on, I think, was the claim that this needed to
be back-patched.  I'd be inclined not to, since (a) the message is not
wrong, only less specific than it could be, and (b) people tend to get
annoyed by unnecessary behavior changes in released branches.

I was referring to:

 "Materialized views are a type of relation so it is not wrong, just one of many instances where we generalize to "relation" based in implementation details ins team of being explicit about which type of relation is being affected."

As being push back.

I don't have an opinion on back patching this.

Сообщение: Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message
Сообщение: Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message