Re: pg_config problems on PG9.3/Centos?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: pg_config problems on PG9.3/Centos?
Дата
Re: pg_config problems on PG9.3/Centos?
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 13:18 -0800, Ken Tanzer wrote:

> Oddly, there was a pg_config in /usr/bin that was not a symlink and
> not owned by any package.  I'm really puzzled as to how it got there,
> but I removed it, and symlinked the one from /usr/pgsql-9.3/bin.  It
> puts out better information.

Please don't do it. PGDG RPMs are designed for parallel installation
(like 9.2 and 9.3 on the same machine), and then the pg_config in
regular $PATH might be tricky.

It didn't seem like a great idea to me either, but what's the better alternative?  Without the symlink I get lots of errors:

make USE_PGXS=1
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found
make: pg_config: Command not found

Anyway:

> I know the table_log packages are kind of ancient, but they do the
> trick!
>
> table_log.c: In function ‘table_log’:
> table_log.c:134: warning: implicit declaration of function
> ‘RelationGetNamespace’

<snip>

table_log is not being maintained anymore -- you can use emaj. It is
already available in the same RPM repo:

http://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/emaj.html

I'm not opposed to newer and better, but at first glance this sounds like headache for no gain.  Currently table_log is doing the trick for me (I only use it for tracking revisions, not rollbacks), and I have several organizations running with their revision history in table_log format.  Is the table format by any chance the same, and/or is there an easy way to move from one to the other?

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Thanks, and Cheers,