Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 09:23:09AM -0500, Joseph Kregloh wrote:

>     Right.  I know there were multiple issue with this upgrade, jails
>     probably being the biggest, but a new one I had never heard is that _if_
>     you are placing your tablespaces in the PGDATA directory, and you are
>     upgrading from pre-9.2, if you rename the old data directory, you also
>     need to start the old server and update pg_tablespace.spclocation.
>

> Just to have it on the record. I did the upgrade outside of the jail to make
> sure. I also tested it within jails and it worked also.

OK, good to know.  I thought it was the jails because I had never heard
of cross-jail upgrades, but the tablespace in PGDATA was the problem.  I
will work on a way to detect this in the coming weeks.  It would affect
all back branches, not just pre-9.2.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Сообщение: Re: pg_config problems on PG9.3/Centos?
Сообщение: Re: pg_config problems on PG9.3/Centos?