Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> wrote:
> > Are you talking about  configurable at./configure time, or guc?
>
> I meant a GUC. I think a ./configure option is overkill.

We clearly have different views of the amount of kill effort required for
the different options :) I would've said that a ./configure option is the
easier way, and that doing a GUC is the one that's an overkill (being
significantly more effort).

That said, my main point is that I do not think the knob is something that
should be tuned by the average end user. For most people, that should be
left to the packagers for the platform, who can make an informed choice
about if it's safe to turn it on.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)