Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess that's not terribly surprising.  If the glibc maintainers
> haven't managed to get this right for UTF-8 locales, I can't imagine
> why they would have been more careful for non-UTF-8 locales that - I
> would guess - get less use.

We don't want to suggest that locales are broken as such. My inability
to reproduce the original complaint on alternative German locales
(e.g. Austrian) suggest to me that it just "accidentally fails to
fail" for whatever reason (maybe they fail in other ways). I should
say "accidentally fails to not fail", because this is a failure of
strxfrm() to be bug-compatible with strcoll(), which I think needs to
not be forgotten.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)