Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Дата
Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> That said, my main point is that I do not think the knob is something that
> should be tuned by the average end user. For most people, that should be
> left to the packagers for the platform, who can make an informed choice
> about if it's safe to turn it on.

I could get behind that if we really make an effort to help them make
an informed choice. The abbreviated keys optimization is highly
valuable, and I put a lot of work into it, as did Robert.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)