Re: Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> MSVC build uses two configuration perl files when running:
> config_default.pl and config.pl. The former is mandatory and is
> present in the code tree, while the latter can be used to override
> settings with some custom parameters. As far as I understand from the
> docs, config.pl should be used only in a custom environment and should
> never be committed. Hence, why not adding a .gitignore in
> src/tools/msvc and ignoring this file? This will prevent unfortunate
> commits that could include this file and impact the devs working on
> Windows. The patch attached does that. I think that it should be
> back-patched for consistency across branches..
Actually I am sending an updated patch as buildenv.pl enters in the
same category as config.pl.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: cannot to compile PL/V8 on Fedora 20