Обсуждение: Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation

Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

MSVC build uses two configuration perl files when running:
config_default.pl and config.pl. The former is mandatory and is
present in the code tree, while the latter can be used to override
settings with some custom parameters. As far as I understand from the
docs, config.pl should be used only in a custom environment and should
never be committed. Hence, why not adding a .gitignore in
src/tools/msvc and ignoring this file? This will prevent unfortunate
commits that could include this file and impact the devs working on
Windows. The patch attached does that. I think that it should be
back-patched for consistency across branches..
Michael

Вложения

Re: Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> MSVC build uses two configuration perl files when running:
> config_default.pl and config.pl. The former is mandatory and is
> present in the code tree, while the latter can be used to override
> settings with some custom parameters. As far as I understand from the
> docs, config.pl should be used only in a custom environment and should
> never be committed. Hence, why not adding a .gitignore in
> src/tools/msvc and ignoring this file? This will prevent unfortunate
> commits that could include this file and impact the devs working on
> Windows. The patch attached does that. I think that it should be
> back-patched for consistency across branches..
Actually I am sending an updated patch as buildenv.pl enters in the
same category as config.pl.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation

Дата:
> Actually I am sending an updated patch as buildenv.pl enters in the
> same category as config.pl.

This seems sane to me; it's in the same category as src/Makefile.custom,
which we have a .gitignore entry for.  I wondered whether there were any
more such files, but the documentation at least doesn't mention any.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:16 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> Actually I am sending an updated patch as buildenv.pl enters in the
>> same category as config.pl.
>
> This seems sane to me; it's in the same category as src/Makefile.custom,
> which we have a .gitignore entry for.  I wondered whether there were any
> more such files, but the documentation at least doesn't mention any.
Maybe there are but nobody really noticed. I actually bumped into
those ones by looking at the documentation and the scripts.
--
Michael