Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Ignore src/tools/msvc/config.pl in code tree for MSVC compilation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

MSVC build uses two configuration perl files when running:
config_default.pl and config.pl. The former is mandatory and is
present in the code tree, while the latter can be used to override
settings with some custom parameters. As far as I understand from the
docs, config.pl should be used only in a custom environment and should
never be committed. Hence, why not adding a .gitignore in
src/tools/msvc and ignoring this file? This will prevent unfortunate
commits that could include this file and impact the devs working on
Windows. The patch attached does that. I think that it should be
back-patched for consistency across branches..
Regards,
--
Michael

Вложения