Re: cannot to compile PL/V8 on Fedora 20

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cannot to compile PL/V8 on Fedora 20
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 05/12/2014 07:10 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> I am trying to compile PL/v8 without success. I have Postgres
>> installed via compilation from source code.

>> plv8.cc:50:56: error: declaration of ‘Datum
>> plv8_call_handler(FunctionCallInfo) throw ()’ has a different
>> exception specifier
>> Datum plv8_call_handler(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS) throw();
>> ^
>> plv8.cc:43:7: error: from previous declaration ‘Datum
>> plv8_call_handler(FunctionCallInfo)’
>> PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(plv8_call_handler);

> This looks like a result of commit
> <http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=e7128e8dbb305059c30ec085461297e619bcbff4>

Ouch.  I was a bit suspicious of that change from the start, but it hadn't
occurred to me that functions written in C++ would have an issue with it.

> Maybe we need a way of telling the preprocessor to suppress the
> generation of a prototype?

Maybe we need to revert that patch altogether.  Dealing with this is
likely to introduce much more pain and confusion than the change is worth.