Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: pg_rewind to skip config files

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: pg_rewind to skip config files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Vladimir Borodin <root@simply.name> wrote:
> We do compress WALs and send them over network. Doing it via archive_command
> in single thread is sometimes slower than new WALs are written under heavy
> load.

Ah, yeah, true. I do use pg_receivexlog --compress for that locally
and do a bulk copy of only the compressed WALs needed, when needed...
So there is a guarantee that completed segments are durable locally,
which is very useful. You should definitely avoid putting that in
PGDATA though, the same counts for tablespaces within PGDATA for
example.
--
Michael