Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

<mailto:peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>>:
> On 4/6/17 14:32, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > I like to see any proposals about syntax or implementation.
> >
> > Using PRAGMA is one variant - introduced by PLpgSQL origin - Ada
> > language. The PRAGMA syntax can be used for PRAGMA autonomous with well
> > known syntax. It scales well  - it supports function, block or command
> > level.
>
> I had pragmas implemented in the original autonomous transactions patch
> (https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/659a2fce-b6ee-06de-05c0-c8ed6a01979e@2ndquadrant.com
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/659a2fce-b6ee-06de-05c0-c8ed6a01979e@2ndquadrant.com>).
>  However, the difference there is that the behavior is lexical, specific
> to plpgsql, whereas here you are really just selecting run time
> behavior.  So a GUC, and also something that could apply to other
> places, should be considered.
>
> I'll look there - we coordinate work on that.

This patch was moved to the now started commitfest, and is marked as “Needs
review”.  Based on this thread I will however change it to "waiting for author”,
since there seems to be some open questions.  Has there been any new work done
on this towards a new design/patch?

cheers ./daniel

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: pg_rewind to skip config files
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: pg_rewind to skip config files