Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later

От Alexander Farber
Тема Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later
Дата
Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later  (Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later  (Martin Moore <martin.moore@avbrief.com>)
Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Martin -

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Martin Moore <martin.moore@avbrief.com> wrote:

I’m no expert but I’d think it unlikely an index would be considered for a table with only 100 rows in. Also I’m pretty sure only one index per table is used, so you’d want to put state1 and state2 in one index.

I hope to have more records in the words_games table later when my game is launched (currently in soft launch/beta).....

Regards
Alex

Сообщение: Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later
Сообщение: Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later