Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later

От Martin Moore
Тема Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I’m no expert but I’d think it unlikely an index would be considered for a table with only 100 rows in. Also I’m pretty sure only one index per table is used, so you’d want to put state1 and state2 in one index.

You may wish to consider normalising too – so any field with a 1 or 2 at the end is moved to a separate table linked by gid. This would also help the indexing.

Martin.