Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later

От Martin Moore
Тема Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which Iplan to filter later
Дата
Список pgsql-general

My point was that your explain would be the same with indexes as without as they won’t be used.

Martin.

From: Alexander Farber <alexander.farber@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 21 February 2018 at 12:33
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Not sure if I should CREATE INDEX for text columns on which I plan to filter later

Hi Martin -

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Martin Moore <martin.moore@avbrief.com> wrote:

I’m no expert but I’d think it unlikely an index would be considered for a table with only 100 rows in. Also I’m pretty sure only one index per table is used, so you’d want to put state1 and state2 in one index.

I hope to have more records in the words_games table later when my game is launched (currently in soft launch/beta).....

Regards

Alex