Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Дата
Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19 December 2012 22:19, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> It stalled because the patch author decided not to implement the
>> request to detect recovery.conf in data directory, which allows
>> backwards compatibility.
>
> Well, I don't think we had agreement on how important backwards compatibility for recovery.conf was, particularly not
onthe whole recovery.conf/recovery.done functionality and the wierd formatting of recovery.conf.

As ever, we spent much energy on debating backwards compatibility
rather than just solving the problem it posed, which is fairly easy to
solve.

От: Joshua Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Enabling Checksums