Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()

От Joshua Berkus
Тема Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Дата
Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Список pgsql-hackers
> It stalled because the patch author decided not to implement the
> request to detect recovery.conf in data directory, which allows
> backwards compatibility.

Well, I don't think we had agreement on how important backwards compatibility for recovery.conf was, particularly not
onthe whole recovery.conf/recovery.done functionality and the wierd formatting of recovery.conf.

However, with "include_if_exists" directives in postgresql.conf, or "include_dir", that would be easy to work around.
Don'twe have something like that planned for SET PERSISTENT?

--Josh Berkus