Re: ENABLE/DISABLE CONSTRAINT NAME

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: ENABLE/DISABLE CONSTRAINT NAME
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:13 AM,  <wangshuo@highgo.com.cn> wrote:
> 于 2013-09-03 08:15, David Johnston 回复:
>
>> Jeff Davis-8 wrote
>>>
>>> Is there any semantic difference between marking a constraint as
>>> DISABLED and simply dropping it? Or does it just make it easier to
>>> re-add it later?
>>

> David Johnston wrote:
>>
>> I cannot answer the question but if there is none then the main concern
>> I'd
>> have is capturing "meta-information" about WHY such a constraint has been
>> disabled instead of dropped.
>

> Drop/build and disable/enable constraint has no fundamental difference,
> and could achieve the same purpose.What I do also more convenient for the
> user.
> Recording the disabled constraints is easier than recoding all the
> constrains.
> What's more, a lot of people ever asked about turing off constraint and
> The sql2008 support this.So I think it's necessary in some ways.

Please add your patch to the upcoming CommitFest so we don't forget about it.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

Please see also https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: Eliminating pg_catalog.pg_rewrite.ev_attr
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Improving avg performance for numeric