Re: ENABLE/DISABLE CONSTRAINT NAME

От wangshuo@highgo.com.cn
Тема Re: ENABLE/DISABLE CONSTRAINT NAME
Дата
Re: ENABLE/DISABLE CONSTRAINT NAME  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
于 2013-09-03 08:15, David Johnston 回复:

David Johnston wrote:
> I cannot answer the question but if there is none then the main
> concern I'd
> have is capturing "meta-information" about WHY such a constraint has
> been
> disabled instead of dropped.

Drop/build and disable/enable constraint has no fundamental difference,
and could achieve the same purpose.What I do also more convenient for
the user.
Recording the disabled constraints is easier than recoding all the
constrains.
What's more, a lot of people ever asked about turing off constraint and
The sql2008 support this.So I think it's necessary in some ways.

> I guess this whole feature extends from the trigger disable feature
> that
> already exists.  Given we have the one adding this seems
> symmetrical...
>
> I cannot really see using either feature on a production system (if
> following best practices) but I can imagine where they could both be
> helpful
> during development.  Note with this usage pattern the
> meta-information about
> "why" becomes considerably less important.
>
> David J.

     Wang Shuo     HighGo Software Co.,Ltd.     September 3, 2013