Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2014-04-07 14:35:23 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> That said, for my part, I don't like telling Greg that
>> he either has to review something else which was submitted but that he's
>> got no interest in (or which would take much longer), or not do
>> anything.
>
> Reviewing and committing are two very different shoes imo. This
> discussion wasn't about it getting reviewed before the next CF, but
> about committing it into 9.4.

Yes.  I did not object to this patch being posted in the midst of
trying to nail down this release, and I certainly do not object to
Greg, or Stephen, or anyone else reviewing it.  My note was
specifically prompted not by someone say they intended to *review* the
patch, but that they intended to *commit* it when it hasn't even
really been reviewed yet.  There are patches that are trivial enough
that it's fine for someone to commit them without a public review
first, but this isn't remotely close to being in that category.  If
nothing else, the fact that it extends the definition of the btree
opclass is sufficient reason to merit a public review.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)