Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 2014-04-07 14:35:23 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > That said, for my part, I don't like telling Greg that
> > he either has to review something else which was submitted but that he's
> > got no interest in (or which would take much longer), or not do
> > anything.
>
> Reviewing and committing are two very different shoes imo. This
> discussion wasn't about it getting reviewed before the next CF, but
> about committing it into 9.4.

I'm not entirely sure why.  No one is giving grief to the people
bringing up new things which are clearly for 9.5 at this point, yet we
have a ton of patches that still need to be reviewed.  I don't think
that we don't want to tell individuals who are volunteering how to
spend their time, but what we're saying is that they can do anything
except actually commit stuff, because we must have ordering to what
gets committed; an ordering which hasn't really got any prioritization
to it based on the patch itself but entirely depends on when it was
submitted.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)