Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze  (Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze  (Ants Aasma <ants.aasma@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 6:50 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> And, as of the moment of typing this email, I get:
> =# select '2024-04-08 00:00-12:00' - now() as time_remaining;
>  time_remaining
> -----------------
>  13:10:35.688134
> (1 row)
>
> So there is just a bit more than half a day remaining before the
> feature freeze is in effect.

OK, so feature freeze is now in effect, then.

In the future, let's use GMT for these deadlines. There have got to be
a lot more people who can easily understand when a certain GMT
timestamp falls in their local timezone than there are people who can
easily understand when a certain AOE timestamp falls in their local
timezone.

And maybe we need to think of a way to further mitigate this crush of
last minute commits. e.g. In the last week, you can't have more
feature commits, or more lines of insertions in your commits, than you
did in the prior 3 weeks combined. I don't know. I think this mad rush
of last-minute commits is bad for the project.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com