Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2024-04-08 at 09:26 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> And maybe we need to think of a way to further mitigate this crush of
> last minute commits. e.g. In the last week, you can't have more
> feature commits, or more lines of insertions in your commits, than you
> did in the prior 3 weeks combined. I don't know. I think this mad rush
> of last-minute commits is bad for the project.

I found that there are a lot of people who can only get going with a
pressing deadline.  But that's just an observation, not an excuse.

I don't know if additional rules will achieve anything here.  This can
only improve with buy-in from the committers, and that cannot be forced.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze