Re: [HACKERS] Re: Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctlstart without --wait

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctlstart without --wait
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> If I'm understanding your concern correctly, you're worried about the
> case of a cold standby where the database is only replaying WAL but not
> configured to come up as a hot standby and therefore PQping() won't ever
> succeed?

I think we've changed the defaults to make things better for an
attended startup and worse for an unattended startup.  But I think
most PostgreSQL startups are probably unattended.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company