Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:06 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Mmm. I don't think it is relevant to this problem. The problem
> specific here is 'The database was running until just now, but
> shutdown the master (by pacemaker), then restart, won't run
> anymore'. Deleting backup_label after immediate shutdown is the
> radical measure but existing system would be saved by the option.

I don't find that very radical at all.  The backup_label file is
*supposed* to be removed on the master if it crashes during the
backup; and it should never be removed from the backup itself.  At
least that's how I understand it.  Unfortunately, people too often
remove the file from the backup and, judging by your report, leave it
there on the master.

(We could try to fix this confusion - and thereby confuse all the
people who understand it now - by changing things so that you have to
leave the file there on the master, and remove it from the backup.
Bwahaha!)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company