Re: posting tree compression (WAS: Proposal: fix range queries in btree_gin)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: posting tree compression (WAS: Proposal: fix range queries in btree_gin)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Alexander Korotkov
<aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> after reading Heikki Linnakangas presentation about GIN from Nordic PGDay, I
> figure out that btree_gin became much more attractive.
> http://hlinnaka.iki.fi/presentations/NordicPGDay2014-GIN.pdf

This is a mighty interesting presentation.  Could the posting tree
compression described on the "posting tree page format" slides (pp.
16-17, I think) be used for btree also?  Would we get similar
benefits?  How much more expensive are updates with the new system?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company