Re: PQputCopyData dont signal error

От David Johnston
Тема Re: PQputCopyData dont signal error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
steve k wrote
> Sorry I can't provide more information but I do appreciate your time.  If
> you can't get any further with it I understand and don't expect another
> reply.

For the benefit of others I'm reading this as basically you've found a
better way to do this so you are no longer concerned with correcting the
broken (incomplete) code you have provided.

It should be as simple as adding one more if statement between the copy-end
check and the overall failure check to see whether the copy command itself
failed in addition to the existing checks to see if sending the data or
ending the data send failed.

I will not pretend to write c code but the general logic and requirements
seems quite clear from the documentation I have read/shown.

David J.