Re: Patch to add support of "IF NOT EXISTS" to others "CREATE" statements

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Patch to add support of "IF NOT EXISTS" to others "CREATE" statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Fabrízio de Royes Mello (fabriziomello@gmail.com) wrote:
> Because they maintain user data?

Eh?  You mean like the sequence #?  Yes, I'd expect 'CREATE OR REPLACE
SEQUENCE' to want a minvalue or something on a 'replace' case to ensure
that it doesn't roll backwards unless explicitly asked for.  Perhaps
the same for any non-default parameters as well, though I'd look at the
other COR cases to see what they do.

CREATE OR REPLACE ROLE is actually easier, no?  All you'd be updating
are the various role attributes, I'd think, since only those are
available at CREATE time today.  Any role memberships or ownership
would be left alone.
Thanks,
    Stephen