Re: PQconnectdb question and md5 password

От Marcelo Martins
Тема Re: PQconnectdb question and md5 password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Gus,

You should be able to, I'm not a C guru but on perl I can without any
issues.
Did you setup a password for the postgres user account in postgreSQL
itself ?
I found strange that you were trying out the password from /etc/shadow
file though.

 > ALTER USER postgres WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'secret';

What error the postgres log gives you ?

On May 6, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Guy Deleeuw wrote:

> Hello Marcelo,
> Thanks for your respons
>
> I have a password and is what I need.
> My pg_hba.conf have 'md5' :
> host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
>
> My question are just how I can connect from the C api with an md5
> password or it's not possible ?
>
> Regards
> Guy
>
> Marcelo Martins a écrit :
>> How do you have your pg_hba.conf file setup ?
>>
>> If on the shell as the postgres user, you can login into the
>> "db_stats" database without a password being asked for than you
>> should not need one.
>> Try out:
>>
>> postgres$> psql db_stats
>>
>> and see if you can login without asking for a PW.. check your
>> pg_hba.conf first though.
>>

>> On May 6, 2008, at 5:07 AM, Guy Deleeuw wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I don't know how can I pass a md5 password to the password field ?
>>> example :
>>> connInfo = "host=localhost port=5432 dbname=db_stats user=postgres
>>> password=secret";
>>> pConn = PQconnectdb(connInfo);
>>>
>>> I try to replace the string 'secret' by the content of /etc/shadow
>>> but without succès.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Guy
>>>
>>> --
>>

> --
> Guy De Leeuw
> IT Manager
> Eurofer
> 5, avenue Ariane
> Building "Integrale" (3rd floor)
> 1200, Bruxelles
> Belgium
> Phone : +32 (2) 738 79 40
> Mobile : 00 32 498 93 65 00
> Fax : +32 (2) 736 28 22
> E-Mail : mailto:G.De_Leeuw@eurofer.be
> www : http://www.eurofer.org

Сообщение: Re: PQconnectdb question and md5 password
Сообщение: Re: PQconnectdb question and md5 password