Re: PQconnectdb question and md5 password

От Guy Deleeuw
Тема Re: PQconnectdb question and md5 password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Marcelo,
Thanks for your respons

I have a password and is what I need.
My pg_hba.conf have 'md5' :
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5

My question are just how I can connect from the C api with an md5
password or it's not possible ?

Regards
Guy

Marcelo Martins a écrit :
> How do you have your pg_hba.conf file setup ?
>
> If on the shell as the postgres user, you can login into the
> "db_stats" database without a password being asked for than you should
> not need one.
> Try out:
>
> postgres$> psql db_stats
>
> and see if you can login without asking for a PW.. check your
> pg_hba.conf first though.
>

> On May 6, 2008, at 5:07 AM, Guy Deleeuw wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I don't know how can I pass a md5 password to the password field ?
>> example :
>> connInfo = "host=localhost port=5432 dbname=db_stats user=postgres
>> password=secret";
>> pConn = PQconnectdb(connInfo);
>>
>> I try to replace the string 'secret' by the content of /etc/shadow
>> but without succès.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Guy
>>
>> --

Guy De Leeuw
IT Manager
Eurofer
5, avenue Ariane
Building "Integrale" (3rd floor)
1200, Bruxelles
Belgium
Phone : +32 (2) 738 79 40
Mobile : 00 32 498 93 65 00
Fax : +32 (2) 736 28 22
E-Mail : mailto:G.De_Leeuw@eurofer.be
www : http://www.eurofer.org

Сообщение: Re: PQconnectdb question and md5 password
Сообщение: Re: PQconnectdb question and md5 password