Re: Suse 9.2 stops booting while starting the postgres-server

От Lentes, Bernd
Тема Re: Suse 9.2 stops booting while starting the postgres-server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello ,

I have found the error.
I looked on an older SuSE-Version ( i think 9.1) where we also have a
postgres running. There the postgres-process is started with:
pg_ctl start -s -p $H -l $LOGFILE -D $DATADIR -o "\"$OPTIONS\"". On this
system the server is starting without problems.

On my new installation (9.2), the server is started with: pg_ctl start
-s -w -p $H -l $LOGFILE -D $DATADIR -o "\"$OPTIONS\""

The parameter -w "waits until operation completes". I don't know for
what exactly he is waiting (maybe better weather), but i deleted the
parameter, and now everything is working fine.

Bernd Lentes