Suse 9.2 stops booting while starting the postgres-server

От
Тема Suse 9.2 stops booting while starting the postgres-server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello to everyone,

I'm new to postgres. I Have installed a new SuSE 9.2 on a pc. I also
installed the Postgres which was on the suse-cd's. psql --version says:
7.4.7
PG_VERSION in /var/lib/psql/data says: 7.4
Here is an extract from my pg_hba.conf:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK
METHOD

#local   all         all
trust
# IPv4-style local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255
trust
# IPv6-style local connections:
host    all         all         ::1
ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff        trust
#local    all         all
ident sameuser
local    all         all
trust
~
~
pg_hba.conf lines 44-64/64 (END)

With this configuration my server starts without problems in runlevel 5.
If i change the last line to:
local    all         all
password

the server stops booting while writing "Starting postgres" to the
console.
Although the pc stops booting, the Databse Server starts, i can connect
the pc via ssh, and open a psql-session.
Also /var/log/postgresql says, the databse is ready.
Nevertheless, the pc stops booting on the point "postgres is starting",
and does not continue.

For me this is very strange.
Does anyone has an idea ?
I think, a script or a service tries to connenct to database, but does
not know the password. So it does not continue to boot.

Thanks for your help.

Bernd