Re: IDE for function/stored proc development.

От Michael Sheaver
Тема Re: IDE for function/stored proc development.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I tried a bunch of different IDEs and editors, and the dev toolset that I finally settled on is as follows:
  • Atom editor for all coding and refinement
  • Jetbrains DataGrip for code execution and most DBA work
  • PGAdmin for other DBA that I can't do in DG
  • Gitkraken for version control and pushing codebase to remote repo for offsite backup

Atom is simply the best code editor currently available and has a very active dev community.

DataGrip is by no means perfect, partly because it is such a new project. But Jetbrains is very receptive to user input and has a rather aggressive development strategy to implement user requests.

Gitkraken is simply awesome and my go-to GUI for VCS.

An added benefit of this particular toolset is that they work equally well on Mac and Windows.

Michael Sheaver