Re: IDE for function/stored proc development.

От Mike Sofen
Тема Re: IDE for function/stored proc development.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

From: Tim Uckun Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2016 2:37 AM
Does anybody use an IDE for doing heavy duty stored proc development?  PGadmin is decent but I am looking for something better.

I have been using the Datagrip app (from Jetbrains), from its beta release up through now v 2016.2 and love it.  Full autocomplete, it has my object browser on the left, source code file browser on the right (I have it tied into our git), massively customizable to look and behave any way you want it.  It is not effective yet for admin tasks.  I really love the modern interface.  I have zero connection to the company, paid for a license ($200).  Worth every penny.

I’m a hardcore stored proc/func dev, building database api’s for the large systems I design/build…I write a LOT of code and datagrip is where I do it.  I also use the crash-prone PgAdminIII  for admin stuff like table mods, quick scripting of table def or insert columns, or backups, etc…the normal admin stuff.

MikeS