Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on SunOS 4.1.4

От Cook, Tom
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on SunOS 4.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Tom Lane writes:
[snip]
> > I have not regenerated the bison-generated parser source file - it is
> > the one that comes with PostgreSQL 7.4.2.
>
> Are you speaking specifically of
>
> src/backend/bootstrap/bootparse.c
> src/backend/bootstrap/bootscanner.c
> src/backend/bootstrap/bootstrap_tokens.h
>
> Make doubly sure that these didn't get regenerated.  If they didn't, the
> only other theory that comes to mind is a compiler bug.  Which compiler
> are you using exactly?

Erm, well, gcc 2.5.8, but it turns out that’s not the problem.  It turned out
that the parser and scanner mentioned above had been regenerated, but
a recent bit of systems administration by our friendly folks here had
obscured that fact by changing all the timestamps.

initdb now runs fine.

Thanks for your time,

Tom Cook

This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential information of Australian Submarine Corporation Pty Limited (ASC). It may also be legally privileged. Unauthorised use and disclosure is prohibited. ASC is not taken to have waived confidentiality or privilege if this e-mail was sent to you in error. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender promptly. While ASC takes steps to identify and eliminate viruses, it cannot confirm that this e-mail is free from them. You should scan this e-mail for viruses before it is used. The statements in this e-mail are those of the sender only, unless specifically stated to be those of ASC by someone with authority to do so.