PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on SunOS 4.1.4

От Cook, Tom
Тема PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on SunOS 4.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

Back in December 2002, Warren Spencer asked this question:

> I'm attempting to install PostgreSQL on a SunOS 4.1.4 box.  So far,
> I've tried various combinations of gcc 2.95.1,.2,.3, PostgreSQL 7.1.3,
> 7.0.3, 7.3.  In some cases, gcc won't build. In others, PostgreSQL
> won't build.  But in the gcc 2.95.2/pg 7.1.3 case, I've got exactly
> the same INITDB problem as Jeff Stevens (post 2002-09-25 09:36:36
> PST):  ERROR:  syntax error at line 2658: unexpected token parse
> error.

I’m now trying to get PostgreSQL running on a SunOS 4.1.4 system
(to replace Another Database which costs us a packet each year).  There
were only a few minor changes required to get it to compile (I can send
a diff if you like, but probably only once I can run the regression tests).
But while trying to run the regression tests, when initdb is running, I run
into this error:

DEBUG:  start transaction
DEBUG:  close relation (null)
DEBUG:  commit transaction
ERROR:  syntax error at line 3467: unexpected token “syntax error”
DEBUG:  proc_exit(1)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(1)
DEBUG:  exit(1)

This line number seems to be from postgres.bki, and it appears to be one
short of where the error actually arises – inserting a blank line at line 3468
moves the error to line 3468.

A response to Warren’s question suggested that maybe the awk version he
was using was to blame, and was generating incorrect bki files.  But I can’t
see anything wrong with the bki file generated – the pg_aggregate data does
not suffer from the same problems as noted in the response to Warren’s
question, and the area that causes the problem looks like this:

)
open pg_depend
close pg_depend
declare unique index pg_aggregate_fnoid_index on pg_aggregate using btree(aggfnoid oid_ops)
declare unique index pg_am_name_index on pg_am using btree(amname name_ops)

The first ‘declare unique index’ line is the one that is causing the problem –
commenting it out just moves the same error message to the next line.

I have not regenerated the bison-generated parser source file – it is the one
that comes with PostgreSQL 7.4.2.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this error?

Thanks,
Tom Cook
--
Duct tape is like the Force, it has a light side, a dark side, and holds the universe together
        - gcc bug database