Re: Trouble with locking tables - reg.

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Trouble with locking tables - reg.
Список pgsql-jdbc
Functions can't have transactions inside of them

You need to start the transaction then call the function.

couple of questions though

why not use sequences ? Then you have no concurrency issues. They are
guaranteed to be incremented.

Also you can use select for update, instead of locking the entire table.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
519 939 0336