Re: PGXN installation failure for Postgres Image of PostgreSQL 12 and 13 versions.

От Edward J. Sabol
Тема Re: PGXN installation failure for Postgres Image of PostgreSQL 12 and 13 versions.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Going to https://pgxn.org/dist/temporal_tables/, I discovered that the latest version is 1.2.0, which was released in
2017.The CHANGELOG mentions adding support for PostgreSQL 10. I think you are trying to use it with PostgreSQL 12 or
13.Do you see the problem? That version of the temporal_tables extension does not support any version of PostgreSQL
greaterthan 10.

The https://pgxn.org/dist/temporal_tables/ web page also has a link to the GitHub repository for the project:
https://github.com/arkhipov/temporal_tables

If you go there and view the commits, you'll find that the most recent commit "make(s) temporal_tables extension
compilewith PostgreSQL 13". Unfortunately, it hasn't been released yet. I would advise cloning the GitHub repository
andtrying to compile that version. If you have problems, you should take it up with the temporal_tables developer by
filingan issue at https://github.com/arkhipov/temporal_tables/issues. There's nothing the PostgreSQL team can do to
helphere.

Hope this helps,
Ed