Re: Postgresql Login problem

От Julio Leyva
Тема Re: Postgresql Login problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Check your pg_hba.conf file
if the method is password, then create a pasword for postgres user

psql yourdb
alter user postgres  set password = 'pasword'

if you don't want to do that, change pg_hba.conf file and modify the method to trust

then /etc/init.t/./postgresql reload

Hope this will help

Subject: [ADMIN] Postgresql Login problem
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:54:10 +0600
From: lal@apiit.lk
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org

.ExternalClass EC_p.MsoNormal, .ExternalClass EC_li.MsoNormal, .ExternalClass EC_div.MsoNormal {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';} .ExternalClass EC_a:link, .ExternalClass EC_span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass EC_a:visited, .ExternalClass EC_span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass EC_span.EmailStyle17 {font-family:Arial;color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;} .ExternalClass EC_div.Section1 {page:Section1;}

I am trying to use PostgreSQL ver. 8.1.4 that comes with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

I cannot log into the postgres server as postgres, it gives the error message “password authentication failed for user “postgres”.

Is there a default password?

How can I start working with postgres?

Regards.

Lal Bopearatchy