Обсуждение: Postgresql Login problem

Postgresql Login problem

От
"Dr. Lal Bopearachchi"

I am trying to use PostgreSQL ver. 8.1.4 that comes with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

I cannot log into the postgres server as postgres, it gives the error message “password authentication failed for user “postgres”.

Is there a default password?

How can I start working with postgres?

Regards.

Lal Bopearatchy

Re: Postgresql Login problem

От
Julio Leyva

Check your pg_hba.conf file
if the method is password, then create a pasword for postgres user

psql yourdb
alter user postgres  set password = 'pasword'

if you don't want to do that, change pg_hba.conf file and modify the method to trust

then /etc/init.t/./postgresql reload

Hope this will help

.ExternalClass EC_p.MsoNormal, .ExternalClass EC_li.MsoNormal, .ExternalClass EC_div.MsoNormal {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';} .ExternalClass EC_a:link, .ExternalClass EC_span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass EC_a:visited, .ExternalClass EC_span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass EC_span.EmailStyle17 {font-family:Arial;color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;} .ExternalClass EC_div.Section1 {page:Section1;}

I am trying to use PostgreSQL ver. 8.1.4 that comes with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

I cannot log into the postgres server as postgres, it gives the error message “password authentication failed for user “postgres”.

Is there a default password?

How can I start working with postgres?

Regards.

Lal Bopearatchy

Re: Postgresql Login problem

От
"Ashish Karalkar"
Дата:
Have you supplied password to initdb command?
if not there are two ways

1) In pg_hba.conf file set athuntication method =trust instead of  password. (if you want to keep trust method for all time)

2) Do the above step then login into postgres database and the issue command

alter role postgres password 'your password goes here'

then again open pg_hba.con and set authuntication method to password.

rember these changes requires server restart or relaod.
with regards
ashish...

I am trying to use PostgreSQL ver. 8.1.4 that comes with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

I cannot log into the postgres server as postgres, it gives the error message “password authentication failed for user “postgres”.

Is there a default password?

How can I start working with postgres?

Regards.

Lal Bopearatchy

Re: Postgresql Login problem

Дата:
"Dr. Lal Bopearachchi" <lal@apiit.lk> writes:
> I am trying to use PostgreSQL ver. 8.1.4 that comes with Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux 5.
> I cannot log into the postgres server as postgres, it gives the error
> message "password authentication failed for user "postgres".
> Is there a default password?

No.  The default Red Hat configuration doesn't use passwords --- it is
set up for "ident" authorization, instead.  Have you changed any
configuration files?  What are the exact commands you are trying?

            regards, tom lane