Re: Postgresql Login problem

От Ashish Karalkar
Тема Re: Postgresql Login problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Have you supplied password to initdb command?
if not there are two ways

1) In pg_hba.conf file set athuntication method =trust instead of  password. (if you want to keep trust method for all time)

2) Do the above step then login into postgres database and the issue command

alter role postgres password 'your password goes here'

then again open pg_hba.con and set authuntication method to password.

rember these changes requires server restart or relaod.
with regards
ashish...

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 12:24 PM
Subject: [ADMIN] Postgresql Login problem

I am trying to use PostgreSQL ver. 8.1.4 that comes with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

I cannot log into the postgres server as postgres, it gives the error message “password authentication failed for user “postgres”.

Is there a default password?

How can I start working with postgres?

Regards.

Lal Bopearatchy