Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environmentfunctions

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environmentfunctions
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environment functions
Список pgsql-general
David G. Johnston wrote:
>> It works for me on Linux with 9.6.3 psql:
>
> ​Except you haven't recreated the scenario I presented.​
>
> ​You only are involving a single script and that script defines "testfunction" itself
> (which makes exporting pointless).  In my example the script being executed within the
> psql script does not define testfunction itself.
>
> -> == execute in subshell
>
> ​main-script (def func) -> psql -> psql-call-bash (invoke func)

I am confused; my shell script does *not* contain a function definition.

I copied and pasted a shell session:

First, show the script that contains a function invocation.
Then, define and export the function.
Then, call psql
Then, escape to a subshell.
Then, call the script that successfully calls the function.

Am I missing something?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql - commercial version
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql - commercial version